Skia4Delphi is a cross-platform 2D graphics API for Delphi based on Google's Skia graphics library.
Skia is a great open source library for drawing 2D Text, Geometries, Images, focused on accurate, high quality and high performance rendering, which provides common APIs that work across a variety of hardware and software platforms.
Google's Skia Graphics Library serves as the graphics engine for Google Chrome and Chrome OS, Android, Flutter, Xamarin, Mozilla Firefox and Firefox OS, and many other products.
- Canvas 2D and Text Layout;
- CPU software rasterization;
- GPU-accelerated rendering
- right-to-left rendering;
- SVG rendering and creation;
- PDF output;
- runtime effects;
- shading language;
- Shaders, mask and color filters;
- image and path effects;
- Animated image player; (Lottie, GIF, WebP)
- image codecs; (bmp, gif, ico, jpg, png, wbmp, webp and raw images)
- Particles; (provides a way to quickly generate large numbers of drawing primitives with dynamic, animated behavior) and much more...
Using the Skia4Delphi library it is possible to override Firemonkey's rendering engine so that it can use Skia as its default Canvas. With that, your Firemonkey application will automatically:
- Draw with antialiasing on any platform (the drawing quality is based on the Form.Quality property);
- Increase the overall graphics performance of your application by up to 50% (even drawing with higher quality);
- Resize images with better quality (also based on Form.Quality);
- Support Right-To-Left text rendering;
- Fix dozens of inconsistencies in drawings (especially in corners and strokes, such as dashes, and in texts with special emojis);
- Increase the performance of the library in general ( controls , drawings, among others...).
You can install Skia4Delphi in 3 ways:
- Setup (recommended)
Download the setup of the latest release and install it.
- (RAD Studio > Tools > GetIt Package Manager...)
After install the Skia4Delphi , just right click in your application project and click Enable Skia .